Malachi Cleaning Pty Ltd
|Posted on September 14, 2020 at 2:15 AM||comments (2671)|
- Cleaners should always wear puncture proof gloves and collect the needle.
- Cleaners should not touch sharps with their bare hands
- Hold the needle away from your body, make sure that you do not prick yourself
- Place the needle in the sharps container with the needle tick facing the bottom of the container
- If the operator is unsure, they should contact the supervisor to receive assistance.
|Posted on May 11, 2020 at 10:30 PM||comments (3475)|
As the Australian Federal government has laid out a three-step plan to ease restrictions related to Covid -19 gyms and fitness centers are planning to reopen. It is highly recommended to gyms and fitness centers to hire professional cleaners to do a deep clean before opening their gyms for members.
What is a deep clean?
Deep cleaning Service is a cleaning service where trained cleaners disinfect all high touch surfaces in your gyms such as all gym equipment, telephone, reception desks etc. Hospital grade disinfectants should be used to wipe all high touch surfaces and all surfaces must disinfected thoroughly.
Thereafter, Safe Work Australia has recommended all gyms to be cleaned and disinfected at least three times a day. Therefore, we strongly recommend that gyms should be cleaned by trained professionals at least once every day . The gym instructors and other staff can disinfect all high touch surfaces regularly during the day. This will also help to maintain an environment that is accordance with Work Safe Australia.
Other measures that can be taken to maintain a clean environment in the gym are as follows
- Arrange the gym equipment in a manner that social distancing can be followed by members( 2 Meter gap between equipment)
- Members should have access to disinfectant wipes to clean high touch surfaces of equipment before and after use
- Access to hand sanitizers
- Members temperature should be checked before being allowed into the gym
Maintaining a clean and safe fitness center environment is essential to combat this covid -19. As covid -19 restrictions are being eased, it is essential we do the right thing.
Malachi Cleaning PTY Ltd is currently offering Deep Cleaning Services for gyms and fitness centers
Email – [email protected]
Website – www.malachicleaningonline.com
Phone – 0411 666 249
|Posted on April 30, 2020 at 12:20 AM||comments (2062)|
5 Hidden Areas where you can find dust and dirt in Gyms & Fitness Centres.
If you are an owner of a gym/fitness centre, you should pay extra attention to 5 areas where the cleaners would have missed in their regular cleaning
Even though cleaners clean showers regularly in gyms, they may not do a detail a clean of showers as required in fitness centres. As a result, stains on tiles and grout will be eventually evident. These stains can become permanent if not cleaned properly.
The best approach for this is to make sure the cleaners are deep cleaning tiles and grout in shower areas with bleach.
Door Handles & General High Touch Points
Disinfecting door handles and general high touch points such phones, keyboards etc are part of the cleaning schedule, However,I can guarantee you that cleaners will not pay much attention during their regular clean.
We at , Malachi Cleaning PTY Ltd have a cleaner reporting system in which the cleaner will be given of all high touch points list and they have to tick each item after cleaning and disinfecting them and sign the sheet and provide it to the supervisor after every clean. This system keeps the cleaners accountable for scope of works.
One area our sales team from Malachi Cleaning PTY Ltd , have found a lot of dust in almost all gyms is under treadmills. Cleaners tend to ignore or not vacuum under treadmills because it is too much work. However, it is very unhygienic to leave these areas not vacuumed.
Malachi Cleaning PTY Ltd, organies a day in week where the gym instructors are to lift the treadmill so that our cleaners can vacuum them every week. In some cases, you might need to this daily if yours is a very large fitness centre
Toilet cubical and tile wall area around urinals.
Toilet cubical walls and tile areas around urinals need to be cleaned regularly as part of daily cleaning routine. Dirt and dust can accumulate very quickly if not cleaned regularly. What you need to know is that the cleaners need to use clean red micro-fibre cloths and clean these areas using hospital grade disinfectants.
It is a good idea to go and check these areas after the cleaners clean it . If they are thoroughly cleaned, you will not find any finger prints or any marks on cubical walls or tile walls around urinals
Finally the top of change cupboards in the change room can be missed during regular cleaning. The reason behind this is, people store shoes, and other clothing items on top of the cupboards. Cleaners will generally would not remove these items to dust them .They will merely dust around and continue cleaning.
It is good idea, to make a set time and remove any items on top of cupboards, storage lockers once a week so that the cleaners can thoroughly give a clean and do an effective high dusting clean
We at, Malachi Cleanig PTY Ltd, train our staff to pay extra attention to the above mentioned areas. We also conduct regular site inspections to make sure all our cleaners are undertaking their cleaning duties according to quality standards
Email - [email protected]
Website - www,malachicleaningonline.com
|Posted on April 26, 2020 at 11:45 PM||comments (2650)|
Colour Coding System
Micro fiber cloths can be used to clean most surfaces. They can be used with or without chemicals and they do not shed lint. However, you should check whether the cleaners cleaning your business premises are using the correct color cloths in the correct areas
Please find below colour coding
Blue - General admin areas/Mirrors/Glass
Green -Kitchen/Staff rooms
Yellow -Infectious Cleaning
White -Operating Theatres
Cross contamination is a hot topic in the cleaning industry. Cleaners have to use the correct colour cloths and mops in the above mentioned areas to avoid bacteria being taken from one surface area to another
For Example, if you see the cleaner using the same red cloth they cleaned the toilet and use it to clean lunch room table, you should immediately report them to the cleaning company management. We do not want germs taken from toilets to kitchen tables by using the same cloths .
Cleaning Operators of Malachi Cleaning PTY Ltd are properly trained on the cleaning colour coding system during their induction. Thereafter, there is a quarterly training for each operator is conducted so that our company is compliant with health and safety regulations.
For more information about colour coding email us on [email protected]
|Posted on April 1, 2020 at 7:05 PM||comments (6166)|
Good Hygiene practices in the workplace during the COVID-19 crisis
• Staff who can work from home should work from home.
• If any staff member is feeling ill, they should inform their supervisor/ manager and stay at home until they feel well.
• If you cough or sneeze, try to cough into your below.
• Used tissues should be placed in the bin immediately.
• It’s a good idea to install or place hand sanitizers at the entrance of the workplace so all staff who come to work can sanitize their hands at the entrance. For hand sanitizers to be effective it is recommended that they should contain at least 60% alcohol.
• Staff should wash their hands with soap very often at least before and after meals. The golden rule is washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds for this practice to be effective. Any brand of soap should do the job.
• Staff should frequently clean and disinfect their desks, telephone and keyboards with cleaning wipes. They also can clean and disinfect their mobile phones, keys, work passes with these wipes.
• Increase the amount of fresh air into workplaces by wither opening the window and turning on the air conditioner.
• Finally increase the frequency of cleaning your place. For example, if you have contracted a cleaning company to clean your workplace, once a week, increase it to twice a week. But make sure that your cleaning company maintains records of areas whether the cleaners are cleaning and disinfecting all high touch areas at every clean. After every clean, cross check their records and the high touch surfaces which they have mentioned they have cleaned.
These practices will help you maintain a high level of hygiene in the workplace.